About the artist
I work mainly within the Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Space genres in video games,
but I also do CD and book cover illustration.
I worked at video game studios in Norway and USA, and currently live in
Denmark focusing on freelancing and personal art.
I have been working professionally since 1996.
For freelancing rates, availability and other questions please
contact me by email.
I was born in early 1970s in Poland.
Although I have been attracted to visual arts since early age, I first started creating digital images in
1993 after several years of fascination with SciFi and Fantasy book covers and computer graphics from Amiga demos
and games. In mid 1990s I got into 3D rendering, created a website and started posting my
renderings online. They turned out to be better than expected so eventually I started
freelancing. My career really took off in 1997 when I was hired to work full time as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey, a PC adventure game developed at Funcom, Norway. Later I moved to
USA to work on Unreal 2 and other games at Legend Entertainment. Since 2004
I have been working on a freelance basis and also doing personal artwork.
The gallery contains examples of my commercial and personal work.
Services I offer
- sketching: color sketches of imaginary landscapes.
- concept art: Sci-Fi interiors and exteriors, vessels, robots, vehicles and weapons.
- illustration: CD / magazine / book cover or inside illustration.
- pre-rendered 2D/3D imagery: for 2D adventure games, intro screens, splash screens, between level screens, etc.
- 3D design and modeling: Sci-Fi environments, spaceships, robots, vehicles and weapons.
2D painting, 3D modeling and rendering, texture painting, illustration, concept art, attention to detail.
||Self-employed. Working on a freelance and contract basis,
and as an independent artist. Major clients include:
Turbine Entertainment Software Inc.,
Worked on-site as a concept artist, texture and 3D artist on a PC 3D SciFi action games
Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
U2XMP, and an unreleased first person shooter.
Employer: Legend Entertainment, USA.|
||Freelancing. Worked on various projects,
including the Sci-Fi Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
online games, magazine, CD and book covers.|
||Worked on-site as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey,
a PC Fantasy / SciFi adventure game. Employer: Funcom, Norway.|
||Freelancing. Worked as a 3D artist on
Zone 99, an Amiga puzzle/shooting game.
Art events awards
- Big Kahuna 1999 award - winner of excellence in the Fantasy World category. An international art event held at the 3D Design & Animation Conference, in Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, USA.
- The Party 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An international digital art contest held in the Messecenter Aars, Denmark.
- The Gathering 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An annual international digital art contest held in Vikinge Skibet, Hammar, Norway.
Artwork featured in books
- Freax: The Art Album by Tamajr Polgarj, CSW-Verlag (2007)
- Elemental: The World's Best Discreet Art by Daniel Wade and Mark Snoswell, Ballistic Publishing (2004)
- 3DS Max Bible 4 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2001)
- 3DS Max Bible 3 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2000)
Artwork featured in magazines
- Fantasy Artist (October 2012), UK magazine
- CHIP (2010), German magazine
- Art Scene international (December 2005), US magazine
- Digit Magazine (2002), UK magazine
- Mac Life (2001), German magazine
- 3D WORLD (2001), Spanish magazine
- Stargate (2000), Italian magazine
- 3D Advanced Graphics and Animation (October 1999), US magazine
- Amiga Advis (January 1999), Danish magazine
- GFX (April 1997), Polish magazine
- MacFormat (July 1996), UK magazine
- MacFormat (March 1996), UK magazine
Worked on games
- Magic Swap - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Distinctus - online image game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Nonaquad - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Pentacolor - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2009)
- Quick Fire Pool - online pool game developed by Chameleon Games (2008)
- Warpath - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi first person shooter developed by Digital Extremes (2006)
- Dungeons & Dragons Online: StormReach - a PC and console game, Fantasy RPG developed by Turbine Entertainment (2006)
- Project X - PC game, unfinished first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2004)
- U2XMP - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi multi player shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- Unreal 2 - a PC and console game, SciFi first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- The Longest Journey - a PC game, Fantasy / SciFi adventure game developed by Funcom (1999)
- Zone 99 - an Amiga game, a 2D maze puzzle developed by Aurora Works (1997)
CD/LP Music Album Covers (partial list)
Artwork featured online
Art and Illustration Studio.
Subscribe to receive the latest artwork by
The most popular images during the past 365 days:
1. Stellar vista
2. Ancient giants
3. Planet scape
4. Edge of perception
5. Future bandits
6. Epsilon hunter
7. Endless opposites
8. Cosmic vista
9. Uncharted realm
10. Desert outpost