About the artist
I work mainly within the Sci-Fi genre in video games,
but I also do CD and book cover illustration.
I worked at video game studios in Norway and USA, and currently live in
Denmark focusing on freelancing and personal art.
I have been working professionally since 1996.
For freelancing rates, availability and other questions please
contact me by email.
I was born in 1970s in Poland. Although I have been attracted to visual arts since early age, I first started creating digital images in
1993 after several years of fascination with SciFi and Fantasy book covers and computer graphics from Amiga demos
and games. In mid 1990s I got into 3D rendering, created a website and started posting my
renderings online. They turned out to be better than expected so eventually I started
freelancing. My career really took off in 1997 when I was hired to work full time as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey, a PC adventure game developed at Funcom, Norway. Later I moved to
USA to work on Unreal 2 and other games at Legend Entertainment. Since 2004
I have been working on a freelance basis and also doing personal artwork.
The gallery contains examples of my commercial and personal work.
Services I offer
- illustration: CD / magazine / book cover, and inside illustration.
- concept art: Sci-Fi interiors and exteriors, vessels, robots, vehicles and weapons.
- pre-rendered 2D/3D imagery: for 2D adventure games, intro screens, splash screens, between level screens, etc.
2D painting, 3D modeling and rendering, texture painting, illustration, concept art, attention to detail.
||Self-employed. Working on a freelance and contract basis,
and as an independent artist. Major clients include:
Turbine Entertainment Software Inc.,
Worked on-site as a concept artist, texture and 3D artist on a PC 3D SciFi action games
Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
U2XMP, and an unreleased first person shooter.
Employer: Legend Entertainment, USA.|
||Freelancing. Worked on various projects,
including the Sci-Fi Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
online games, magazine, CD and book covers.|
||Worked on-site as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey,
a PC Fantasy / SciFi adventure game. Employer: Funcom, Norway.|
||Freelancing. Worked as a 3D artist on
Zone 99, an Amiga puzzle/shooting game.
Art events awards
- Big Kahuna 1999 award - winner of excellence in the Fantasy World category. An international art event held at the 3D Design & Animation Conference, in Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, USA.
- The Party 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An international digital art contest held in the Messecenter Aars, Denmark.
- The Gathering 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An annual international digital art contest held in Vikinge Skibet, Hammar, Norway.
Artwork featured in books
- Freax: The Art Album by Tamajr Polgarj, CSW-Verlag (2007)
- Elemental: The World's Best Discreet Art by Daniel Wade and Mark Snoswell, Ballistic Publishing (2004)
- 3DS Max Bible 4 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2001)
- 3DS Max Bible 3 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2000)
Artwork featured in magazines
- Fantasy Artist (October 2012), UK magazine
- CHIP (2010), German magazine
- Art Scene international (December 2005), US magazine
- Digit Magazine (2002), UK magazine
- Mac Life (2001), German magazine
- 3D WORLD (2001), Spanish magazine
- Stargate (2000), Italian magazine
- 3D Advanced Graphics and Animation (October 1999), US magazine
- Amiga Advis (January 1999), Danish magazine
- GFX (April 1997), Polish magazine
- MacFormat (July 1996), UK magazine
- MacFormat (March 1996), UK magazine
Worked on games
- Magic Swap - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Distinctus - online image game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Nonaquad - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Pentacolor - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2009)
- Quick Fire Pool - online pool game developed by Chameleon Games (2008)
- Warpath - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi first person shooter developed by Digital Extremes (2006)
- Dungeons & Dragons Online: StormReach - a PC and console game, Fantasy RPG developed by Turbine Entertainment (2006)
- Project X - PC game, unfinished first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2004)
- U2XMP - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi multi player shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- Unreal 2 - a PC and console game, SciFi first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- The Longest Journey - a PC game, Fantasy / SciFi adventure game developed by Funcom (1999)
- Zone 99 - an Amiga game, a 2D maze puzzle developed by Aurora Works (1997)
CD/LP Music Album Covers (partial list)
Artwork featured online
Online awards (partial list)
Zazzle - Pro Seller award (2011)
RedBubble - Sci-Fi Featured Art for
Cyberian flight (2010)
Zazzle - Today's Best Award for
Stellar vista (2008)
Art Wanted - Award for
Planet scape (2008)
Bel Art Excellence Award (2008)
Seventh Complex - Image of the Week Winner for
4EVER ART top 100 (2006)
Artists Village Top Art Sites (2006)
Top 100 Art Sites - Surrealism, Fantasy-SF (2006)
Top InterArt (2006)
100 Top Art Sites (2003)
Digital Art Top 100 (2003)
3D Cafe - Award for
Suburbs 2100 (2001)
Digital Artworks - Award for
Suburbs 2100 (2000)
3D Total - Award for
Suburbs 2100 (2000)
Art and illustration Studio
of Dawid Michalczyk.
Receive the latest artwork
1. Ancient giants
2. Stellar vista
3. Endless opposites
4. Planet scape
5. Edge of perception
6. Starry evening
7. Future bandits
8. Epsilon hunter
9. Singular ambience
10. Vacation on...